To say that the flooring needs updating in your house would be an understatement. In fact, the flooring problems in your home are getting to the point where they are detracting from the value of your home. Unfortunately, it has been a number of years before you have had the finances to make any updates or improvements. Now that you have the majority of credit card debts taken care of, however, you are now able to tackle the flooring problems. The plan is to start with refinishing the wood floor in the kitchen and when that project is completed you will replace the carpeting throughout the house. The final project will be replacing the linoleum floor in the shared bathroom between your daughters’ separate bedrooms.
Home Remodeling Projects Add Value to Your Home
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling contractors offer a number of services, but many of these start with important decisions about the flooring needs that will be required. Although they require a financial investment, it is important to remember that any time you make additions or modifications to a home, especially a bathroom or a kitchen, can bring a significant return on investment (ROI). In fact, even a minor kitchen remodel has an average ROI of 82.7%. In comparison, bathroom additions offer an average of 86.4% ROI.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the home remodeling industry and the most popular improvements that property owners make:
- 90% of home owners are changing the style of their master bathroom during an upgrade.
- 87% of home owners renovating their bathrooms indicate that they are updating their shower.
- 80% of renovating home owners are replacing major bathroom features like countertops, flooring, showers, and sinks.
- 30% of survey respondents indicated that they were expanding their shower size by 50% or more, according to the 2016 HOUZZ Bathroom Trends Study.
- 69% of all jobs requested were for kitchen remodeling, making it the second most popular request, according to a National Association of Home Builders survey.
- Bathroom remodeling is the job most requested in the U.S., accounting for 78% of renovations, according to a National Association of Home Builders survey.
Whether you can only afford to make improvements to a single room at a time or you are able to improve your entire home at once, there are many improvements that you can make to add comfort, beauty, and value to a property of any size.