3 Important Reasons to Have Your Dryer Vents Cleaned

Our homes have numerous ducts and vents, such as the dryer vent that runs from your dryer to the exterior of your home. All other vents are referred to as ducts. For your family’s safety and health, it’s essential to keep these ducts in top condition.

What happens if you don’t?

Routine duct and vent cleaning can prevent serious problems in the future. Here are three reasons to take this advice.

1. Fire Prevention.

The lint screen in your dryer only catches about 25% of the lint that is present. The other 75% accumulates along the walls of your dryer vent, posing a serious fire hazard. Statistics back this up. In fact, 34% of dryer fires in residences are caused by failure to clean the dryer vents, making this the number one reason for such fires. The United States Fire Administration also states that each year, 2,900 dryer fires result in approximately 100 injuries, five fatalities, and $35 million worth of property damages and losses.

Professional dryer vent cleaning and floor vent services performed on a regular basis can prevent this from happening in your home or business.

2. Better Health.

Five to seven times every day, pet dander, dust, chemicals, and other impurities in the air are drawn into your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, then recirculated. As time passes, this recirculated matter builds up in your air ducts, causing potential health problems. This is especially true for individuals with allergies or asthma.

Thorough cleaning of your ducts, including floor vent services, minimizes this issue. The ROTOBRUSH system used by Duct Squads has 90% more vacuum power, enabling them to eliminate the most severe build-up in duct systems and floor vents. Knowing that your family is breathing clean, pure air also gives you peace of mind.

3. Energy Savings.

The annual cost of utility bills for an average family in the United States is $1,900. Cooling and heating account for 54% of that cost. Sadly, anywhere between 25% and 40% of the energy used to cool or heat your home is wasted, according to the United States Department of Energy. Part of the reason for that is because the build-up of impurities in your HVAC system causes it to work less efficiently.

For maximum cost-effectiveness and efficiency, it’s recommended that the air ducts in your home be cleaned every three to five years.

Routine maintenance and cleaning of the ducts and vents in your home, including floor vent services, reduces the risk of dryer fires, improves the air quality in your home or business, and saves you money on your energy bills. When you consider these three reasons for having professional air duct and dryer vent cleaning done on a regular basis, picking up the phone to schedule this service just makes sense.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *