There are many reasons someone might want to renovate a home. They may want to do so because they dislike the look of a home as it is. They feel that the bathroom is a bit drab or the carpet on the living room floors is an issue. They may feel like the garage door needs to be repainted or that the deck needs to be polished a certain color.
They may also be someone who likes and enjoys the doing of personal projects, such as hardware related projects. They may be a skilled “handy person” who likes to put together projects, make adjustments, and make the feel of a house a little more comfortable. They may also be someone who likes to do various things “with their hands” so to speak.
A person also might want to do some renovations in preparation for selling a home. A person might want to do some renovations such as redoing the living room floor or adding tiles to a master bathroom or adding lighting to another room in order to increase the resale value of the home and prepare it for being sold.
There are many statistics about those who like to do renovation projects and enjoy the possibility of doing them. These statistics show what kinds of renovating projects are most “in demand” and what renovating projects cost in terms of different projects. The statistics are in the following section.
- According to the 2016 HOUZZ Kitchen Trends Study, 60% of homeowners prioritize storage over all other functions of their kitchens.
- 76% of homeowners change the style of their kitchen during their renovation project.
- According to the 2016 HOUZZ Kitchen Trends Study, 87% of homeowners enlisted the help of a professional during their kitchen project.
- According to a National Association of Home Builders survey, bathroom remodeling is the job most requested in the U.S., accounting for 78% of renovations.
The bathroom is a popular place to consider doing a renovating project. It is the job that is most requested in renovations, according to the National Association of Home Builders survey, which was cited above. It is popular because bathrooms are a place everyone should go to at least once per day, in more ways than one.
There are some statistics about bathrooms, bathroom remodeling projects, bathroom renovating projects, and more that are included in the following section. The statistics include what kinds of bathroom projects are most being thought about, what fixtures are the types being installed and more.
- 10% of new bathtubs and showers come with a high-tech feature.
- 90% homeowners are changing the style of their master bathroom during an upgrade.
- 73% of homeowners are renovating a bathroom that was last updated 16 years ago or more.
- 87% of homeowners renovating their bathrooms are updating their shower.
- More than four out of five renovating homeowners are replacing major bathroom features such as flooring, counter tops, showers, and sinks.
- According to the 2016 HOUZZ Bathroom Trends Study, 30% of survey respondents were expanding their shower size by 50% or more.
As can be seen, most homeowners are thinking of renovating their bathroom with the major features such as the flooring, the counter tops, the showers, and the sinks, while some are thinking about expanding their shower size by 50% of more. Their are new features to different baths and bathtubs, which many see as an upgrade.
The kitchen is also another popular place for renovating projects. There are new kitchen appliances, the general kitchen renovation, a new kitchen design, the new kitchen remodel, new kitchen counter tops, and more all as part of a general home remodel.
New kitchen appliances are generally a part of a kitchen renovation.
New kitchen appliances can include the microwave, the refrigerator, the freezer, the stove top, the oven, and more. There may be even smaller new kitchen appliances that can be put in, including the blender, the food processor, and more. New kitchen appliances help to make a kitchen feel less antiquated and more modern.
There are other terms associated with home remodel projects. They include the tub remodel, the shower remodel, the handicap bathroom design, bathroom renovations, bathroom design, back splash, and the general bathroom contractor. There are many options for those who are looking to remodel, in terms of a contractor or themselves.