You?ve likely grown to depend on electricity for many functions. Almost every aspect of our day has something to do with electric power. As you?ve likely seen, power outages can be a disruptive event in the home. When the power goes out, it can be a scary moment for you and your family. All of the sudden, the electricity you use for so many things is gone. However, there is a way to have electricity in your home, no matter the outside situation. In this post, you will learn three situations where having a standby generator is essential.
- Extreme Weather Conditions: In any part of the world, extreme weather can rise. Hotter summers can bring about dangerous blackouts. In winter months, an ice storm and heavy snow can wreak havoc on power lines. Extreme weather can bring those temperatures into the home. If you have no power, your home can quickly become extremely cold or hot, depending on the situation.
No matter the weather, you want your home to be protected. Unfortunately, harsh weather conditions often disrupt large areas from having power. In addition, cold weather could make getting to a grocery store nearly impossible. Having standby generators within the home keeps you, your family, and all perishables safe.
- Extended Power Outages: Sometimes, the weather isn?t responsible for a power outage. Federal data shows that the electric grid of the United States has seen a 285 percent increase in lost power versus data seen in 1984. Whole house generators will kick in instantly in the event of a power outage.
If there isn?t an emergency generator in the home, a power outage could become costly. If you lose power for over four hours, foods can become unsafe to consume. Dealing with lost power for a few hours isn?t that much of a burden. However, a power outage could easily last days, if not weeks, making the situation much more serious.
- Protection from the Unknown: No one can say what the future will hold. Having standby generators on your property ensure you are safe from any unexpected events. You want your family to be protected, including events that haven?t happened yet. Taking control of your life with standby generators ensures your family stays safe and sound.
In closing, standby generators offer protection from scary situations in life. Generator installers can have your generator ready to go in a short amount of time. Many homeowners are usually surprised at how quickly a generator installation is completed. You?ll want to have the peak rating on a generator to be slightly high than what you need. It is recommended that 4,000 watts are used within a home.
Latest posts by Eric Brophy (see all)
- How To Protect Your Home Against Hurricanes - April 21, 2018
- The Best Windows For Your Home - April 19, 2018
- 5 Reasons Vinyl Indisputably Makes The Best Bathroom Floors - April 16, 2018
Trackback from your site.