When it comes to home flooring, everyone’s got a preference. Some swear by the natural look and feel of hardwood flooring. Others prefer vinyl flooring or laminate flooring.
A significant portion likes carpeting. Carpeting accounts for 51 percent of the U.S. flooring and 44 percent of homeowners have indicated they prefer carpeting in the bedroom. In fact, 38 percent of people in a Houzz survey said they plan to carpet their master bedroom.
When it comes to carpet installation in a home, there are several benefits:
- Carpet installation is fast, cheap and easy compared to wood flooring.
- Carpet can be extended with regular vacuuming and steam cleaning.
- Carpet offers a level of comfort that can be hard to get with hardwood flooring.
- Having the right carpet can really make a room stand out and have a significant design impact on a particular room of a house where it’s installed.
- Carpets made out of recycled content can be eco-friendly for a home and eliminate a potentially high source of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which can cause serious health problems if they are not dealt with.
- A good quality carpet can last between 10-15 years.
- On the design front, there are a lot of options compared to other flooring options.
- Carpets are usually low emitters of VOCs and can trap dust and other potential allergens. These can be removed with regular cleaning.
New carpet installation can be an exciting addition for a home, but when it comes to carpet installation it’s important to look at carpet quality and all that goes into installation so that it goes smoothly. To ensure that happens, follow these carpet installation steps:
Getting the right carpet installed in your home can give you long-lasting, good looking and comfortable flooring. If you’re in need of carpet installation, use Angie’s List to find a reputable carpet installer and a reputable carpet dealer who can give you what you’re looking for.
Latest posts by Eric Brophy (see all)
- 3 Simple Ideas That Will Give Your Kitchen a New Look - August 17, 2018
- Energy Efficient Alternatives To The LED Light Bulb - August 8, 2018
- Why You Should Be Mulching in the Winter - August 8, 2018
Trackback from your site.